APHRC Post Doctoral Fellow Vacancy
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to conducting high quality and policy relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa. APHRC seeks to fill the following vacancy post-doctoral fellow within its research division.
1. Lead and Contribute to proposal development;
2. Participate in the design of scientific research and training tasks within the Program;
3. Lead and contribute to the implementation of projects including program design, field work management, data management and analysis, and scientific writing; and
4. Participate in the dissemination of program research findings to appropriate audiences and in preparing project progress reports to donors.
Qualifications and experience
1. PhD in urban studies, urban health, or related fields. The fellowship should be taken up within two years of completion of doctoral degree;
2. Strong writing skills and good record of publications on relevant areas in sub-Saharan Africa;
3. Experience and strong interest in the areas of urbanization, migration, poverty measurement;
4. Proven experience in conducting large household surveys;
5. Strong quantitative skills (managing, analyzing and interpreting data), with extensive familiarity with Statistical Packages (STATA or SPSS); and
6. Computer literacy in Microsoft packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
1. Experience and high levels of familiarity with a diverse set of health and social science data sets
2. Expertise in qualitative methods, with familiarity with common qualitative analysis software package (e.g. NVivo)
3. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work in a culturally diverse team;
4. Experience in developing proposals and attracting research grants.
Interested candidates are invited to send via email their letter of application (1 page); a statement of research interests and goals (1-2 pages); and their CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com. Application letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center
P.O. Box 10787 – 00100 GPO, Nairobi
Please, indicate the position you are applying for on the subject line of the email.
These positions come with an attractive, internationally competitive remuneration package including employer paid medical, travel, life insurance cover and retirement benefits. Allowances toward in-relocation, home leave travel and dependent’s education are provided. Preference will be given to nationals of sub-Saharan African countries, and females are particularly encouraged to apply.
The positions will be open until a suitable candidate is identified. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.