Regional Director, Africa – BirdLife International
Regional Director, Africa
- Office Location: BirdLife Africa Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya
- Full time
BirdLife International is looking to appoint a dynamic and experienced individual to provide strategic oversight and leadership in the development and implementation of the BirdLife programme across the Africa region.
BirdLife International is a partnership of national grass root conservation organisations present in more than 120 countries and territories. Together we are the world leader in bird conservation. BirdLife’s local –to -global approach enables us to deliver high impact and long term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are seeking an experienced conservation manager to lead and manage the responsibilities and staff of the BirdLife Africa Partnership Secretariat and to provide strategic oversight and leadership in support of the network of BirdLife Partner organisations in the region. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating implementation of the Partnership’s conservation priorities in the Africa region and for overseeing the delivery of conservation objectives in BirdLife’s 2020 Strategy and Global Programmes. He or she will also facilitatefundraising for the Partnership, promote joint initiatives and programmes, and represent BirdLife International in the region.
- Proven, high-level, experience in conservation and environmental management in the Africa region;
- Professional experience in programme development, management and successful fundraising within an international conservation and sustainable development context;
- Strong leadership and people management skills; good collaboration, facilitation and communication skills, with the ability to inspire and influence;
- Proven track record in strategic planning and organisational management;
- Demonstrable experience in building partnerships and working with Partners (NGOs, governments, intergovernmental organisations, and the private sector) in developed and developing countries.
A full job description can be found here.
To apply, please email your CV, explanatory cover letter and indication of salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org, marking your application “Regional Director, Africa”.
Closing date for applications: 15 April 2018.
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held in early May.