THE FOLLOWING ARE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USING NGOINFOCENTRE.COM. BY VISITING AND USING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
The promoters of this website (”we”) are not responsible for the accuracy of any information posted or published on this site and shall not be liable for for loss or damage incurred or suffered as a result of relying on any information or advertisement appearing on this site.
You are advised to make appropriate inquiry and take appropriate caution before sending any money, incurring any expense or bidding yourself to any commitment in relation to any information or advertisement posted on this site. Users are especially cautioned when responding to job vacancies and tenders.
You may not post or publish any material that is offensive and/or against the law.
The promoters reserve the right to accept or reject or block anyone from posting, commenting or using the site in anyway whatsoever.
For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use any content that you post.
When you publish content or information, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people not on this website, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you.
We will receive your feedback or other suggestions, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them and you have no obligation to offer such feedback or suggestion.
You commit yourself to the following:
- You will not post unauthorised commercial communications (such as spam).
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access the site, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on the site.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will request our permission before publicizing or offering any contest, giveaway or sweepstakes (“promotion”).
- You will not use the site to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden or impair the proper working or appearance of the site, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other site functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
Regarding your user account, you agree to the following:
- You will not provide any false personal information on the site or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use the site if you are under 13.
- You will not use the site if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up to date.
- You will not share your password , let anyone else access your account or do anything else that might jeopardise the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
Regarding other users and other persons, you agree to the following:
- You will not post content or take any action on the site that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of this site in accordance with the laws of Kenya.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on the site, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users’ actions on the site and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on the site. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on the site. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of the site.
- By “site” and ”website” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.ngoinfocentre.com and any other co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the Like button, the Share button and other similar offerings and (d) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices or networks now existing or later developed.
- By “Platform” we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from the site or provide data to us.
- By “information” we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with the site.
- By “content” we mean anything you or other users post on the site that would not be included in the definition of information.
- By “data”, “user data” or “user’s data” we mean any data, including a user’s content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from the site or provide to the site through Platform.
- By “post” we mean post on the site or otherwise make available by using the site.
- By “use” we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate and create derivative works of.
- By “active registered user” we mean a user who has logged in to the site at least once in the previous 30 days.
- By “application” we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
You accept that we may collect your account and user information and use it in the following way:
We may receive data about you whenever you use or are running the site, such as when you look at another person’s timeline, send or receive a message, search for a friend or a Page, click on, view or otherwise interact with things, use the site’s mobile app, or make purchases through the site.
When you post on the site, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you took the photo or video.
We may receive data from or about the computer, mobile phone, or other devices you use to access the site, including when multiple users log in from the same device. This may include network and communication information, such as your IP address or mobile phone number, and other information about things like your internet service, operating system, location, the type (including identifiers) of the device or browser you use, or the pages you visit.
We may send you email communication including advertisements.We may provide data to our advertising partners or customers after we have removed your name and any other personally identifying information from it, or have combined it with other people’s data in a way that it is no longer personally identifiable to you.